SEO – Search Engine Optimization
SEO, search engine optimization consists of a set of elements whose purpose is that your website gets well noticed on the Internet. It tries to attract potential visitors to your website. It aims to place your page as high as possible on the list of search results. Ideally, it will show your site on one of the first places on the first page of a targeted search. This search is a term or expression corresponding to what your site is trying to communicate.
But how do you get Google to link your page content to the top of the results? The difficulty is that the criteria by which the search engine decides which page is classified and how, is constantly changing and are extremely complex. But if you want to optimize your publications, despite all the complexity, there are still effective ways to achieve the expected success.
The most important thing when doing search engine optimization for your web pages is relevance! If, a few years ago, search engines were influenced by technical gadgets, this is no longer the case today. Technology certainly plays a role in optimization. But it is much more important that your pages are tailored to the needs of your target group. For the simple reason that as a business enterprise, search engine operators have a legitimate interest in ensuring that their customers are satisfied. And that only happens if they receive the exact result, they hoped for by the search query.
How search engine optimization works
To get there, Google has developed special algorithms that are used to measure the relevance of individual pages. For this, they use three main criteria:
- The length of time the user stays on a certain page
- How often a page is opened
- Bounce rate, which provides information on whether a clicked search result is immediately closed again.
So, what does it mean to look good with your search engine optimization? Make sure to fill your page with content tailored to the interests of your target group. Only if you are successful will your visitors enjoy staying by your side. And, at best, even click on various menu items to collect as much knowledge as possible. If, on the other hand, you have lured your target group with false promises, visitors to your page will quickly disappear. The consequences are fatal, because in this case, you have not only lost the trust that potential customers have in you, but also damaged your reputation on Google.
And before we even get there, there is an effort to be made. You must ensure that the search engine has the information necessary to include you in the search results. For this, the choice and use of keywords (keywords) is very important.
The importance of keywords in search engine optimization
A keyword is nothing more than the combination of words that a search engine user enters in the search field. For example, if someone searches for ” car rental “, the pages containing the term “car rental” as a keyword are displayed first. Conscious use of keywords is an essential part of search engine optimization. Ideally, each page of your site is optimized for a different keyword covering your area of specialty. This allows to be found by the greatest number of interested people.
Once the relevant keyword has been found, it must be applied to the following parameters:
- SEO Title: The title of the page that appears in the search engine as a link. It must contain the keyword that will appear and describe the advantage that the targeted person has of clicking on the page.
- Meta description: A brief description of the content that appears in the search engine directly under the page link. It must also contain the keyword and be concise.
- Title: Users rate a title as particularly relevant if it is formulated similarly to that of the SEO title.
- Main text: It must include the keyword frequently. But not too much, depending on the length of the text. Sometimes less is more.
- URL: A good URL contains the keyword, avoids numbers or special characters and is easy to read.
- Images: search engines evaluate the title, file name, associated text and ALT description. Include your keyword, but not too often.
Do not forget the referencing of the whole page
In addition, each page must be optimized as follows:
- Original content, attractive and easy to read
- An URL adapted to the message you wish to transmit
- Well-chosen and relevant titles
- A readable and clear body of text for the search engines
- Meta tags describing precisely the content of the page
- Well thought out and relevant internal and external links
- Descriptions of the images that correspond to the targeted search
- Adequate localization settings, such as page language
Elements during site design that have an influence on SEO
When designing your website, we make sure that it not only appeals to your visitors but is also well perceived by the search engines. The following is particularly important:
- Short loading times: So that visitors do not close the page before it has even been loaded.
- Clear structure and intuitive navigation: To invite visitors to stay on your site and navigate it.
- Understandable content: So that your content is easy to digest, even for non-experts.
- Attractive design: Pictures and graphics that please the eye, but without increasing the loading time.
- Mobile use: More and more people are using their smartphone to connect. If your site is not displayed correctly, SEO suffers.
Go further in your SEO to find your customers
If you want to have control over your search engine optimization efficiency and evolution, we can include your site in services such as Google Analytics and Google Search Console. You can thus monitor and develop your site according to the results obtained and the goals.
Likewise, we can develop and launch advertising campaigns with Google AdWords or BingAds . Such campaigns can be ad hoc or continuous. They guarantee you results, such as higher frequency of site visits and faster, more targeted responses to your calls to action.